Second Sundays: Virgil Abloh’s SOCIAL SCULPTURE
SOCIAL SCULPTURE, a highlight of Virgil Abloh: “Figures of Speech,” stems from the late artist and designer’s desire to create space for Black creatives and young people. Drawing on Abloh’s architectural roots, SOCIAL SCULPTURE can be considered a kind of Trojan horse or schoolhouse, living and adaptable. In this spirit, we invite you to join us every second Sunday of the month for programs and performances—held in the Auditorium or within the sculpture itself—that celebrate Abloh’s approach to fashion, art, design, architecture, music, and community. The series is an opportunity to exchange knowledge and expand on Abloh’s multidisciplinary collaborations and creativity.
- August 14: Fashion with Shayne Oliver, creator of Anonymous Club and founder of Hood by Air; and Jian DeLeon, Men’s Fashion and Editorial Director, Nordstrom; moderated by Will Welch, Editor-in-Chief, GQ (Auditorium)
- September 11: Art with visual artists Bafic and JIM JOE, moderated by critic Salamishah Tillet (Auditorium)
- October 9: Design with ALASKA ALASKA (SOCIAL SCULPTURE)
- November 13: Architecture with architectural designer and founder of Oana S Studio, Oana Stănescu (SOCIAL SCULPTURE)
- December 11: Music with DJ and radio producer Benji B (SOCIAL SCULPTURE)
- January 8: Community (guests TBA; SOCIAL SCULPTURE)
Masks are required in the Auditorium and will be available upon arrival.
Tickets are $35 and include admission to Virgil Abloh: “Figures of Speech” after the program. The last entry for the exhibition is at 4:30 pm, and galleries are cleared at 5:45 pm. Member tickets are $25. Not a Member? Join today!
Save when you bundle sessions! Tickets are $65 for two sessions, $95 for three sessions, and $125 for four sessions.
For access needs, please email us at [email protected].
Image caption and credit: Installation view, Virgil Abloh: “Figures of Speech.” Brooklyn Museum, July 1, 2022–January 29, 2023. (Photo: Danny Perez, Brooklyn Museum)