Empowerment of the people
Continuing the Empowerment of the People Through Education and Organizing:
In an ongoing effort to educate and empower the community around Mayor Adams’s Deregulation Proposals other organizations are also joining the struggle and conducting Information Sessions.In that spirit, Human Scale City is hosting a Webinar on Mayor Eric Adams’ City of Yes
The Panelists will focus on Preservation, Zoning, Affordable Housing and Other Relevant Topics.
When: Feb 2, 2023 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Topic: What's the "City of Yes" the Mayor is talking about?
Register in advance for this webinar:
Alicia Boyd – Educator, Political Activist, and Pro se Litigant.
1. The Future of Community Boards under Eric Adams City of Yes Plan.2. The Myth of Affordable Housing, A concrete application of affordable housing in low to moderate income Community of color.
3. 111 BLAST Initiatives to Deregulate Development: What is the most scary of the proposals?
George James of George Janes Associates: Zoning Expert and Business man
1. An in-depth look at the major Text Amendments coming your way this Spring/Summer.
2. Will the Solar Panels Save You Money or Developers?
Andrew Berman, Executive Director: Village Preservation
1. A critique of the underlying presumptions of the Mayor’s plans: that less regulation will be better, and that encouraging maximal market rate housing production, and affordable housing via MIH, will make the city more affordable for everyone.
2. Concrete Application of Affordable Housing in White Wealthy Neighborhood